Artika is looking for an Industrial Designer to complement its Design Team for lighting products and home accessories. Reporting to the Director of Design, the ideal candidate has strong design abilities, a good comprehension of the mechanics of objects, the understanding of fabrication, and knowledge of the manufacturing process of various materials, mainly metal, glass and plastics. The incumbent will need to be comfortable liaising with multiple departments in a fast pace working environment.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Design new products within a multidisciplinary team
- Produce clear technical/manufacturing drawings and renderings of new concepts
- Assume responsibility for all elements of the design in relation to product development (nomenclature, 2D/3D drawings, photo documentation, instruction manual, inspection reports, etc.)
- Collaborate closely with the Product Development, Engineering, Marketing and Sales Teams
- Perform mechanical tests and design evaluation in the laboratory
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Diploma in Industrial Design
- 2+ years of experience in a similar position
- Knowledge in Lighting is considered a plus
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- Practical experience with models and prototypes and essential aptitude for mechanics
- Master 2D and 3D CAD tools: SolidWorks, Rhino3D, AutoCAD
- Good knowledge of visualization tools: Keyshot or other 3D rendering software
- Master of 2D graphics tools: Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in English, French is an asset
- Good understanding of design for manufacturing and value-engineering
- Eye for details, team player, adaptable & thriving for success
Please send your portfolio along with your CV.
**Salary based on experience**
**Kindly note that only selected candidates will be contacted. **
Thank you for your interest in our company!