Vice President, Operations
Reporting to the CEO, the VP, Operations is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and control for all activities related to operations and supply chain. In accordance with the strategic guidelines and the company’s management philosophy, the candidate is responsible for developing and implementing short, medium, and long-term operational business plans.
The ideal candidate has strong knowledge in manufacturing and wholesale of consumer goods, is focused on revenue growth and has the abilities of a unifier, developer and communicator. He must understand the company’s business challenges, integrate, and communicate the values, by promoting Artika’s organizational culture and adopting the behaviour of a conscious leader. He leads a team of experienced operations professionals. Endowed with an innovative spirit, the position incumbent will actively participate in the mission to increase market share by providing innovative solutions adapted to customer needs.
This role has an international scope and requires planning and coordination of air, marine and ground transportation and logistics in ten countries, spread on three continents (North America, Asia and Europe).
Management & Leadership
- Participate in the elaboration of the strategic plan in collaboration with the CEO and CFO;
- Support the CEO and the management team by offering optimization scenarios to make informed decisions;
- Responsible for all the operations activities;
- Establish common performance indicators within the management team;
- Direct short and long-term planning and budget development to support strategic business goals;
- Establish the performance goals, financial, human and operational resources and assess policies for his direct reports and their teams;
- Foster an environment focused on customer service excellence;
- Follow up monthly to maintain stringent control over activities;
- Contribute to the strategic growth objectives to ensure the Company remains an industry leader;
- Direct and participate in growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Define the mandate of his directors and set operational goals for the short and long-term business, as well as policies and procedures;
- Manage the planning, set the budgets and business plans and monitor results;
- Be closely involved in developing and improving the network to maintain a constant pace of growth;
- Identify opportunities for operational improvement, see to their implementation and monitor the progress and advancement of initiatives;
- Provide day-to-day-leadership of operations and administrative procedures to facilitate growth and ensure financial strength and operating efficiency while adhering to core values of company;
- Oversee internal and external processes of the company, complete timely and accurate reports on operating conditions;
- Direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals;
- Manage monthly performance reviews of key metrics, to be presented and evaluated by each team monthly.
The ideal candidate is an experienced executive who has a demonstrable record of success driving profitability and growth within the broadly defined consumer products sectors. He/she is respected for the ability to think outside the box and drive shareholder value through acquisitions, organic and new market growth. He/she has built a career in well-regarded and innovative companies known for a strong performance orientation. He/she possesses a reputation for integrity, ethics, visionary leadership and outstanding business management skills.
Experience and Competencies
- Relevant academic background, ideally a bachelor’s degree in Administration or Commerce;
- A post-graduate degree in business administration is an asset (MBA);
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a management position for a manufacturing or a wholesaler company in the consumer goods sector;
- Strong leadership experience in management of operations;
- Knowledge of the industry of smart home is an asset;
- Demonstrated successful execution of business strategies.
- Dynamic and passionate, determined to achieve and exceed targets;
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen;
- A skilled communicator who promotes a constant dialogue with the management team and employees;
- Sense of values and ethical conduct, and ability to set the tone on the right behaviors to adopt;
- Rigorous administrator who stays focused on results and remains in full control of his/her environment;
- Demonstrate a good level of humility and adaptability to become integrated and work with all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrate a mobilizing leadership and ability to inspire others;
- Able to determine what is important and urgent. Capable to set the priorities for the organization;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written, French is considered an asset.
Location: This role can be home based or in Artika’s Montreal Office.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please submit your resume on our website or apply directly to Boyden, our partner for this search at: https://boyden.thriveapp.ly/job/191
We would like to thank all the applicants but regret that we are only able to personally contact those individuals whose backgrounds best match the requirements for the role.
Thank you for your interest in our company!